U Modeler is a Unity extension to empower you to model and prototype easily and quickly. With UModeler, you can craft a static mesh asset as well as prototype a game level without any other external DCC tools. Moreover UModeler supports not only modeling with gizmos but also sketch-based modeling, which enables you to draw a 2D shape on a plane and make it 3D shape in intuitive ways. Any polygon is automatically triangulated to be fed to a rendering pipeline even though it has holes inside. It’ll save a lot of your time. UModeler consists of about 90 tools for modeling, which will make creating, transforming and editing your model a breeze in Unity.
What you can do with UModeler
- 3D Modeling from a low poly mesh to a rather complicated mesh.
- 2D Drawing.
- Modifying a mesh with Meshfilter component.
- Texture Mapping with UV Editor.
- And more.
• Translation/Rotation/Scale of Vertices/Edges/Polygons with gizmos
• Curved shape modeling with Bevel and Follow Tools • Parameter-based primitive shapes to enable you to make a shape having whatever size you want.
• Push/Pull tool to enable you to create a 3D shape from a face and cut a 3D shape.
• Repair tools - Eraser, Bridge Fill, Collapse, Align, Flip, and Flatten tools
• Merge tools - Combine object/polygon/vertex, Boolean tools.
• Mirror tool - Every modification will be mirrored to the other side of the mirror plane.
• Selection tools - All/None, Isolated, Loop, Ring, Invert, and Increase tools
• Cutting Tools - Cut, LoopSlice and Clip tools
• Surface Tools - Material, UV Transform, and Smoothing Group tools.
• Automatic and smart triangulation with no creation of additional vertices.
• Simple polygon based topology(Click here to know Simple Polygon more).
• Snap to a specific point for precise drawing
• Line, Parallel Line, Arc, Rectangle, Rounded Rectangle, Disk, and Side Stair drawing tools are provided.
• Handy Inset tool which enables you to draw a smaller or bigger version of a shape keeping the two shapes equidistant from each other. Multiple inset is supported as well
• UV/Edge/Polygon/Island transform with Translate/Rotate/Scale/Rectangle gizmos.
• Plane/View and Cube unwrapping.
• Auto detection of overlapped edges.
• All/None, Invert and Loop selection tools
• Flip, 90 Rotate and Alignment tools.
• Sew and MoveSew tools
• Collapse tool
SEAMLESS MESH EDITING
DOCUMENTATIONUModeler’s user manual is available online and is constantly updated.
TUTORIALSWe offer several tutorial videos to help you to get started with UModeler smoothly.